Friday, October 21, 2016

The journey begins!

I am beyond excited to publish my experiences in journalism and as a distance education student in the same field! But first, here is a quick overview of my “previous” life as a non-journalistic writer. Yes, I used to write. I still love writing, always will. Here it goes:

You should know beforehand that journalism has not been on my radar ever since graduating from High School. To say the truth, I wanted to be a writer… poetry, novels and the like. I took several classes in creative writing and attended a couple of book clubs every other month – only because my schedule wouldn’t allow for more. I started writing at the age of 17. My first “novel” – or should I say short story? – was finished. I did not show it to anyone. I was afraid people might reject it as childish and badly written. So time goes by. I kept on writing several poems, and yes, I started on a novel shortly after. It had about 250 pages and dealt with growing up in a broken family in 1940’s New York City. Sounds like an interesting topic, doesn’t it? Well, the publishers had a different opinion. I haven’t tried to publish anything ever since. I was on the lookout for a long time. I thought about giving up writing entirely. But I just can’t do that. It is my joy, I just love it too much. What to do?

I decided that I want to be a journalist. I have an idol, her name is Christiane Amanpour. Yes, I like her a lot.

So this is my previous “career” in a nutshell. Do you want to know more about me and journalism? 

Stay tuned.


 #distanceschool #learningjournalism #writer

No comments:

Post a Comment