Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Post partum colloquium

Hello again, dear blogger (and journalism) friends,

It's Kate, your journalism student who is incredibly sad today. You know what happened? Well, here is my short story (but feeling a lot better now).

So I was "online" today to "meet up" with the tutor to help me with some questions I had regarding my study book Trade and Business Journalism (remember?). Anyway, there were too many students online so I had not really a chance to thoroughly go through all my questions. :/ Don't get me wrong, these online colloquia are great. I appreciate them, especially since there is no other way to interact with anyone about details of a specific journalism field. Right now, I'm a little frustrated. So then I called the student's office and asked them if a tutor could help me out over the phone. They said "no" but I can write a personal message to one of the tutors. So I did that, too... Well. Of course, there is no response yet. I suppose it takes a little bit of time. And who knows how many requests they get? I might not be the only one. I was so surprised to see how many students actually made use of the online colloquium.

Aside from that little unfortunate situation I'm doing really well. I'm close to finishing the first study book and look forward to taking this exam next week. It's going to be my very first exam, so that is so exciting.

I have not decided yet which module book I will study next. I have two choices so far: Arts Journalism and Interviews. Not sure which one I prefer. They both look really interesting. Interviews seems to be a little thicker than the other one... but since I have to read them both, it doesn't really matter. Might as well get the thicker one over with first. So "Interviews " is next, I think.

Hey, feel free to send me more messages! I'd be happy to chat with you! I already am in touch with some of you, so that is really great. Let me know what your favorite journalism topics are and such. Also, I'd love to hear from some more experienced "journalists" some stories if you may. :)

You'll here from "this" journalism student again next week. Then I'll take a little holiday break. Stay tuned, friends!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment