Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Season's Interviews

Dear bloggers, dear friends, dear family,

It's been a great week! I have started with the new study book on "Interviews" last week. It is a great joy to read. I love the little exercises (they keep my brain busy), and what a feeling of success each time I find out that I solved them correctly. So far, I really like this study book. There is only one thing I'm regretting...

I realized I don't have much time for friends and family any more (not as much as I used to). That is very unfortunate. I wanted to let each one of you know that I think of you a lot and miss you. I know that each of you understands... it is too important to let go. And I really love it so far. So, I just wanted to thank all of you for your understanding.

My big sister always told me to never let my dreams go. She still thinks that way. Now, she has four kids and a husband. She lives in a nice house near the coast. I visit her every summer. I love my two nieces and two nephews. That was her dream.

My dream is to become an "important" reporter. I want to inform people, I want to advice them and, most importantly, always tell them the truth. I realized throughout this year (and even before that on a more subconcious level since I haven't thought about it as much before I started this journalism course) that there has been so much bad journalism out there. Ill-informed journalists who just want to sell the story as fast as possible. I don't want to be this type of journalist. I truely believe that sometimes it is better to just wait it out until you have more information. What do you think? Am I right?

So my plan for this holiday season is as follows: Since I'm reading the study book on Interviews, I want to interview some of my family members during my visit for Christmas. I want to try out some techniques and get some practice that way. I will let you all know how it went. I think Interviews are incredibly important in every way. There is hardly any journalist who doesn't need to interview people. That's why I think it is important to get some practice. Even during the holidays. :)

Merry Christmas to everyone. Stay tuned for more in the New Year (get there safe)!

Best,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment