Tuesday, December 6, 2016

'Tis the season!

Hello, dear Journalism friends,

And thank you for all your interesting questions! Unfortunately, I cannot answer them all right away. Please be patient for a little bit longer as I am trying to answer each one of you thoroughly.

I had no idea journalism had so many "fans".

But still, these days, you hear a lot of bad things about it. Why? Well, obviously, this election year had a great impact on that. Journalists are being accused for "fake" news, for being biased. You know what I think? I think this is all just to blame someone else... Seriously, can we really blame journalism for bad coverage? Yes we can. However, there is always another side to things like that. We can't blame "journalism" for it, but most certainly "journalists". They broke our trust in reporting. Not all of them, but some of them did.

With this in mind, I want to become a journalist with principles. Truth, ethic, trust.

By the way. I almost finished my first course book on Trade and Business Journalism. It is fun, but also really tough questions included. I will take the online exam tomorrow. Let's see how that goes but I'm pretty confident.

Stay tuned until next week!

Yours,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment