Thursday, March 9, 2017

How to study

Dear Journalism friends,

Thank you so much for your responses from my last entry! It was really interesting to read them. You gave me some good advice and interesting approaches for my future studies. I'm excited to try them out soon!

So I've finished reading Watchdog Journalism since it was a short module. Very well written and a great module overall! There is no online exam, so that's great.

I now started with a new module. It's called Journalistic Writing. I am really happy that the school offers a class in journalistic writing. I am very insecure about my own writing, unfortunately. But who isn't? Well, so that's why I thought it is best to include this module in my studies. So far, I like it. It is comprehensive and I like the tasks after a chapter.

I'd like to know: How did you find out about journalistic writing skills? I'm sure there are several handbooks and such... aside from a class/module book. But did some of you also learn it by doing? How did you find out whether there is enough "talent" or not? I just wondered because some people I know within the field of journalism never had NO training at all. So apparently, it's not enough to just have talent.

Stay tuned for next weeks' entry!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment