Thursday, July 13, 2017

Advocacy Journalism

Hello everyone!

Arts Journalism is done! With great success I finished the exam. I'm so happy and hope to stay in this field some day in the future.

My new journey -  although a smaller one - takes me to advocacy journalism. This journalistic field has become really important. Advocacy journalism entails the fact that it is impossible to separate news from views... meaning, you choose a topic and automatically adopt certain point of views on this topic. Essentially, it is about the impossibility of objectivity. This is exactly why I chose this topic/module: Because I want to know how scholars argue about the possibility or impossibility of objectivity in journalism. And, of course, I want to know more about advocacy journalism as it has become such a big topic over the last decade.

So I will keep you posted/informed as I go on with my studies. It is promising! The module itself only has about 8 pages, so it's completely doable in a short period of time. Also, the module focuses on the most important facts.

Come back next week!

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment