Friday, November 4, 2016

Interviewing is fun!

Hello again, dear readers!

This week has been a good experience. I have actually read the entire module book on how to conduct an interview in just one week! It was quite a lot of work, but I really enjoyed reading it. What I still need to do is working through all the exercises after each chapter. These exercises look like a good training method for students. I really appreciate this method as it forces me to read and memorize/learn from chapters right away. So I will do just that over the weekend.

There has been quite some talk about the objectivity of journalism, or whether it has become less objective. This is a very tough topic. My personal opinion is that journalism can never be 100% objective because it is just the "job" of a journalist to evaluate and put some of your own personal opinion into an article. However, I think journalists should try to keep it as objective as possible, for example by considering different opinions and trying to evaluate them. I wonder if the internet is partly responsible for all this talk about objectivity. Sometimes it seems to be as if journalism has become solely a piece of someone's "personal opinion".

If I ever become a successful journalist, I will try my best to keep my writing as objective as possible.

Take care until next week. There will be an update on the finishing of my first module. I probably will have taken the online exam by then.

#objective journalism #interviews #firstmodulefinished #onlinestudies #journalism

No comments:

Post a Comment