Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pre-Thanksgiving Exam

Dear Journalism friends,

So I took my first online exam ever this week. I can't say that it was easy. I can't say that it was hard, either. I definitely learned a lot during the process. The online access to an exam is definitely something I have to get used to. I have not taken any exams online ever before.

Look, usually, you have a piece of paper (or several) right in front of you. You can feel the pen in your right (or left) hand. Now, you have to press down the keys, there is a monitor and there is a software - hopefully reliable enough - to test your skills. In the end, it is the tutor who grades your exam, of course. But who knows? That thought of a software grading my exam came to my mind after I took the exam.

Now, let's evaluate the accessibility and handling of the software. I suspected it to be somewhat scarier than it actually was. I was surprised of how "easy" it was to log on and click through each single task. Each task opens in a separate window so it is never too distracting to see all the tasks at the same time. I really liked that a lot. I will be getting a grade for it sometime within a few days. After calling the students office, a really nice secretary told me that it usually takes only a couple of days. So now I'm all on fire! I can't wait to receive the result!

I will be going home for Thanksgiving. My grandmother is making the Turkey every year. I will tell her and all the other relatives about my studies.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! (And stay tuned).

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment