Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Dear Journalism friends,

I hope your Thanksgiving holiday was marvelous! I sure had a great time with my relatives. We filled our bellies with delicious food, laughed a lot. And, of course, I talked about my current journalistic endeavors. :)

So I got a grade on my very first exam in journalism studies: An A-! I was very happy, although I still have to figure out how to get an A+. :) I'm happy, though. It was my first try and the result is more than satisfying. I'm a person of constant improvements. So next time, I just want to make sure I get all the answers right.

So what else is new? I guess I started a new module book called "Business and Trade Journalism". Why, you ask. Well, I thought this might be an interesting current and future topic for journalists. It has nothing to do with politics (although - who knows?). I have always been interested in the world of business. So that's why I'm really excited about this topic. I will talk about this module in detail next time. So far, I only got to read the very first page. Thus, not much to tell at this point.

I've been thinking a lot about the objectivity topic in journalism that everyone talks about right now. Ever since the election happened, people realized that objectivity in (political) journalism is at stake. But was it ever any different - did we ever have objectivity in journalism? Do we need it? Yes, we do. It is supposed to be an ethical goal. Journalists carry an important responsibility: Informing people without pushing them in a certain direction.

Stay tuned until next week!

Yours,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment