Thursday, January 19, 2017

Travel Journalism and Blogging

Hello,

I hope you all had a great week! I am really excited to tell you about my newest endeavors in Travel Journalism! Believe it or not, but I am almost finished with the study book. I have read all chapters (still need to do the exercises), because I enjoyed it so much. It was really easy to read one whole chapter each day. I highlighted with a marker most important information for later, when I actually prepare for the exam. It was a real joy!

So now here we go: Travel Journalism is probably not really my future, although I really think it is an awesome journalistic field. Why? Because I think you need to be fully equipped with all kinds of things that I just could not imagine carrying around all day, several days. It seems to me that Travel Journalists need to be cross-media oriented which is exactly what carrying around a lot more equipment is all about. Maybe I'll change my mind... once I studied the whole course.

So blogging has always been a passion of mine. The most recent study on blogging and journalism - its similarities and differences - was quite motivating. It reassures me in my decision to take a journalistic journey in order to train my skills.

Btw, the next study field will be Music Journalism. Stay tuned!

Yours,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment