Thursday, January 12, 2017

Travel Journalism

Hello journalism friends!

So I took the exam on "Interviews" the other day. It was quite interesting - I have never taken an online exam before. I was a little nervous about it, but I think I did well. Still waiting for the result!

I already started with the new module book on Travel Journalism - what a joy! I love it very much. Let me tell you a few things about this specific module: It has 7 chapters, including the topics "Travel writing context", "Categories and audiences", "Conveying place", "The features of the feature", "Travel Markets", "Travel writing issues", and "Travel writing futures". So far, I have read the first 15 pages which encompass the first chapter, including summary. I really like the fact that each chapter has a short summary. It makes it easier to remember important aspects after reading a whole chapter. Also, there are exercises (tasks) after each chapter to help you repeat what you have just learned. I have not looked at them yet but of course I will eventually.

The school recently published a new survey on blogging and journalism which was interesting to read. The results are astonishing: There is not so much difference, in fact, between those two. Blogging requires almost the same skills as professional journalism!

Well, I need to get back to work. Stay tuned with Kate for more!

Next entry will be all about Travel Journalism and a few details on blogging (my personal experience) in comparison to my first humble attempts as a journalist.

Yours,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment