Thursday, January 26, 2017

Music Journalism - The big hit!

Dear Journalism and blogger friends,

So I started with a new study book this week: music journalism. It's awesome! I can't tell you how interesting it is already, after reading only a couple of pages. This might actually be my new focus! Should I be a music journalist? So far, it's sounds pretty exciting to me.

So what's "inside": The first chapter starts with an introduction into music journalism: definition, professionalism, print, broadcast and a critical reflection. Gives a great overview on the topic! The second chapter is all about the music industry: Who are the people behind the music industry? Publicists, musicians, and managers. What changes happened within the music industry? Also, there is a critical reflection at the end of the chapter. The third chapter deals with "sources" such as press releases, music (live or recorded), interviews, and events. The most interesting chapter is to follow, chapter four talks about the "content" such as news, interviews, video- and audio interviews, articles, documents and alternative content.

Of course, there are exercises after each chapter to be solved voluntarily.

I can't wait to get started with the exercises, they sound fun!

I hope this little insight into the music journalism study book gives enough information to let you know how interesting and awesome this topic is.

I'll keep you posted as my study progresses.

Best,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment