Thursday, February 23, 2017

Political Journalism details

Hello dear Journalism friends,

I received some really interesting messages that made me think this blog is exactly what I wanted it to be! :) There are some really nice discussions going on about political journalism. Thank you for sharing your opinions and experiences with me!

So, here it goes: I started the political journalism module book recently. I'm almost through with the entire book (it only has 43 pages of material). However, it covers all relevant topics of political journalism:

- The basics of political reporting: Giving an insightful introduction into the topic. Very well written!

- Covering political elections/races/debates: How current is that? Very current! I wish this chapter had more pages, though...

- covering politicians in office: also very interesting and current. I'd say, this chapter pretty much covers all important aspects.

- objective political journalism vs. subjective political journalism: what can I say - this chapter should have way more pages. But it mentions some interesting facts and point of views.

That being said, I can't wait to take the online exam soon(ish). Most likely, I will have time to "prepare" for it this weekend. Luckily, there isn't that much to prepare anyway.

I'm really looking forward to it, though. I will talk about the online exam and the next module book in my entry next week. Stay tuned!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment