Thursday, April 13, 2017

Public Relations

Hello again,

So I've got really far into PR this week! It's not my absolute favorite yet, but it's something that might be valuable in the future. The tutor at the recent online colloquium gave me some good advice and insights into this field. I had my doubts as it is very different from all the other journalism topics. But now I'm convinced that it's a great choice for me.

First of all, what is PR? Did you ever ask yourself who is writing all the "quick news" and other announcements for companies and such? Well, these are the PR people. You can find PR everywhere: companies, universities, government institutions, for profits, non profits, schools, kindergartens, and many more. In fact, every organization these days needs to have PR. It is their tool of communication to the exterior world.

So this is what PR is in a nutshell. I think it's pretty important. So I'm really glad that I'm taking this course.

The module itself is really easy to read, the tasks are doable. I think I will be working on it this extended weekend.

Stay tuned!

Yours,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment