Thursday, August 24, 2017

Narrative Journalism - New Module!

Hello again, dear friends!

Thanks for coming back!

I've started a new module this past weekend. With great pleasure! The topic is "Narrative Journalism" and is a somewhat shorter module with only 8 pages! But very informative ones. I'm actually almost through the module as it is quite short.

Why did I chose this module? Well, narrative journalism uses literary techniques for telling a story. As I call myself a huge fan of literature, I thought this is just a great combination - literature and journalism. Other names for narrative journalism are literary journalism - and that's what I've found in researching something on journalism a while ago. I found this combination of literature and journalism and it gave me an interesting perspective in how I would like to tell a story as a journalist in the future. Of course, if I stay in the realm of fashion journalism or environmental journalism, this is a perfect technique for me!

As I'm almost done with this module, I think I'm good to go for the next module sometime next week. There is still a little exam that I need to take. But that should be rather easy. I've spoken to a tutor last Monday and she gave me great confidence in taking the exam early this time (without preparing like a maniac).

Thanks for reading my blog! Please send me messages if you have questions about journalism, distance education and/or this particular school I study at, Open School of Journalism. I will be happy to answer them all!

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment