Thursday, September 7, 2017

Preventive Journalism

Welcome back! 

Every once in a while I realize how fortunate I am. Some opportunities only come once in a lifetime. Taking this journalism class is one of them. 

Today has been a good day for me. I got up early and started studying the last few pages of the current module in Preventive Journalism. This journalism genre is - as I know now - a highly important approach in today's journalism. Why? "It is journalism that 'aims' to identify problematic issues, themes or people before they have a chance to emerge [...]". Enough said. I think this is exactly what ALL journalists need to focus on more an more. Of course, journalism is as much about "reporting" what HAS happened. But it should also be more about what COULD potentially happen or what is ABOUT to happen. After all, without kidding, this could even save lives sometimes.

What do you think? Any opinion?

This weekend I will most likely take the exam. I'm so glad I took this class/module. It's a good one.

Come back next week!
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment