Thursday, September 14, 2017

Summer is almost over - new module!

Hello dear Journalism friends,

Thanks for coming back!

The Preventive Journalism Exam was a breeze. As I expected, I didn't have to study too hard and long. All I did this time was reading the study book twice before I took the exam (on the same day). Who knew I had such a great memory! ;) It already got graded - yes, I did really well again. So happy about it. This was a great topic.

Summer is almost over... I feel like I need a break from work (again). But there is so much motivation around me, I guess I just keep on going. I've decided to take three more exams before the end of October to get my study schedule all straightened up. I'm in pretty good shape!

The next study topic will be "Solutions Journalism" - makes a lot of sense to take this topic after Preventive Journalism. Because I think it is quite similar to the latter one.

So what is solutions journalism all about? It is an inspiration for journalists to report on possible solutions to serious problems rather than - as it's done in "conventional" journalism - report on the problems only. It's basically a fundamental reorientation of what journalism is. So I thought, this might be a good choice for me!

Come back next week for more!
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment