Thursday, October 26, 2017

The importance of peace journalism

Hello journalism friends,

As some of you already know, I've recently started a module called "Peace Journalism". It's a great joy and I can't highlight the importance of this journalistic genre enough. That's why I decided to devote my next entry to this important topic.

I've did some research aside from just reading the module (which was great, btw). I've found some quite interesting stuff: http://www.peacejournalism.org/Peace_Journalism/Welcome.html

That is just one example. I had no idea there was such an outlet and source of information on the internet. Apparently, people around the world are getting more an more aware of how important peace journalism is. In fact, as stated on this website, it's being taught in more than ten countries around the world. It's a whole movement of reporters and journalists, it's about the choice what to report and how to report it. On this website, you can find more articles and books on this topic.

Think about it: Reporters can make a difference! Journalists can make a difference!

Well, that's all for today's entry. In my next entry, I will talk about another important journalistic genre. Sensational Journalism. We all deal with it everyday - makes it hard to avoid! So that's why I chose to study this module as well.

Come back next week.

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment